Overdose! Michael Kenneth Williams was found dead
Cause of death? "The Wire" actor Michael Kenneth Williams was found dead of a suspected drug overdose Monday afternoon in his Brooklyn penthous.
Drug paraphernalia was found in the apartment, indicating that the 54-year-old TV star died of an overdose, possibly of heroin or fentanyl, sources said.
"No signs of foul play," a police source said. "No forced entry, the apartment was fine."
Williams was found dead by his nephew in the living room of his Kent Avenue apartment in the luxury Williamsburg high-rise, the sources said.
The Flatbush native was known for his role as Omar Little on the gritty television series "The Wire" and as Chalky White on "Boardwalk Empire."
Williams had spoken openly about his personal problems with drugs over the years, including during the filming of "The Wire." He said that the role of Little, who robs drug dealers, affected him in real life as well.