Alec Baldwin and wife Hilaria delete Twitter accounts days after interview with 'Rust'
Alec Baldwin and his wife Hilaria have both deleted their main Twitter accounts just days after the Hollywood star's interview , in which he denied culpability in the shooting of "Rust" camerawoman Halyna Hutchins.
The actor's main @alecbaldwin account — which he had used for previous official statements about the deadly “Rust” shooting — had been deleted by late Sunday, The Hollywood Reporter noted .
Users trying to find the frequently used account now receive the message “This account does not exist.”
At the time, Baldwin's foundation account @ABFalecbaldwin was still active, as was his wife's account @HilariaBaldwin, the media outlet reported.
But by Monday, those two accounts had also been deleted.
Baldwin's other verified Twitter account, @alecbaldwin__, which he calls “a social media phantom member" , was still active Monday. He has not tweeted since Oct. 19. The report does not include his earlier statements about the death of Hutchins, a 42-year-old mother of one, while filming her Western in New Mexico in October.
On Instagram, however, the Baldwins were both still active. The actor paid tribute to Bob Dole just before midnight, shortly after re-posting a sad-sounding song along with a picture of someone sleeping outside under a full moon.
Most recently, he had also posted about his “hard times” and how his wife gave him "a reason to live".
Hilaria, on the other hand, continued as usual early Monday, posting pictures of her children on her Instagram stories.
Neither appeared to have mentioned deleting their Twitter accounts, and Baldwin's rep did not respond to requests for comment, The Hollywood Reporter said.
The hot-headed actor is known to go dark on social media after previous scandals.
He had taken a leave of absence from Twitter in January when his wife came under scrutiny for her heavy Spanish accent over the years, though she eventually admitted that she was indeed a “white girl” from Boston.
He also swore off the site in 2011 when he was booted from a flight from Los Angeles to New York City for freaking out at crew members, and again before his wedding in 2012 after arguing with photographers.
He went again in 2013 and wrote "f-k this twitter" after threatening to "f-k up" a "toxic little queen" reporter for the Daily Mail, who had accused Hilaria, during the funeral of James Gandolfini .
In 2014, Baldwin insisted in a 5,000-word compassion article for New York Magazine titled “I Give Up” that he not only left social media, but said goodbye to “public life”.
His second Twitter exit this year came just days after ABC News aired his tearful interview about filming "Rust."
In it, he claimed he didn't even have his finger on the trigger when Hutchins died, saying that although "someone is responsible for what happened ... I know it's not me."